The Glen of Aherlow, Tipperary’s most attractive and scenic holiday destination, is a lush valley where the River Aherlow runs between the Galty Mountains and the wooded ridge of Slievenamuck. Bounded by the rural villages of Bansha and Galbally, the Glen was historically an important pass between Limerick and Tipperary.
Today there are opportunities for walking and hiking (maps are available in reception), horse riding and cycling. The locality is also a magical area for painters and photographers.
Within the Glen the focal point is the Statue of Christ the King. Erected in 1950, Christ the King, overlooking the valley at its most scenic viewpoint has his hand raised in "blessing the Glen and all who pass by".
The entrance to the Glen of Aherlow Nature Park is adjacent to Christ the King. It is a series of walking trails, suitable for families, with information panels on the flora and fauna of the area and picnic tables.
Nearby there are three golf courses, Limerick Junction Horse racing, a leisure centre with swimming pool, a cinema and theatre. We are just 25kms from the Rock of Cashel and many other historical sites.